8 delicious keto recipes for you to try and vary those breakfasts up a bit
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, optional*
2 tablespoons cilantro
1. In a medium pot add eggs and cover with water until fully submerged.
2. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cover for 12–13 minutes.
3. Fill a large bowl with ice water and, using a slotted spoon, gently place eggs in the bowl, allowing eggs to chill for 5 minutes.
4. Remove outer casing from eggs and slice in half lengthwise, removing the yolk.
5. Add the yolk, along with the avocado and spices to a bowl, mixing together until well combined.
6. Add the mixture to the egg halves.
7. Drizzle with lime juice and top with cilantro.
½ cup plus 1 tbsp almond flour
½ cup grass-fed cream cheese
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter or avocado oil, for frying
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
2. In a frying pan, over medium heat, add in the butter or oil.
3. Pour in 2–3 tablespoons of batter per pancake and turn over once the center begins to bubble (usually takes about 3–4 minutes).
4. Top with butter and cinnamon
one 8-ounce cup of organic coffee
1 scoop collagen powder made from bone broth
1 scoop beef gelatin (optional)
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil
cinnamon to sprinkle on top
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender, blending until well combined. Keto coffee is the perfect morning or afternoon beverage for someone following a ketogenic diet. It’s also a way of giving this ketogenic philosophy of eating a try. Instead of loading your coffee with carbohydrate-rich milk and sugar, you’re adding in seriously beneficial fats like beef gelatin and bone broth collagen. Instead of adding some creamer, you put in some vitamin-rich butter.
Rather than using a blood sugar spiking sweetener, you top your keto coffee off with a nice sprinkle of cinnamon (which satisfies a need for sweet but actually helps to keep blood sugar down).
1–1¼ cups full-fat coconut milk
½ frozen avocado
1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
1 tablespoon chia seeds, soaked in 3 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes
2 teaspoons cacao nibs, cacao powder or cocoa powder OR 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder made from bone broth
1 tablespoon coconut oil
for topping: cacao nibs and cinnamon
¼ cup water, if needed
1. Add contents into a high-powered blender, blending until well-combined.
2. Top with cacao nibs and cinnamon.
5.LOW CARB BREAD
1½ cups almond flour
6 egg whites
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
3–4 tablespoons butter, melted
¾ teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Add the cream of tartar to the egg white mixture and, using a hand mixer, whip the eggs until soft peaks are formed.
3. Add the almond flour, butter, baking soda, apple cider vinegar and coconut flour to a food processor, blending until well-incorporated.
4. Place the mix into a bowl and gently fold in the egg white mixture.
5. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan and pour in the bread mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. *Note: can use 3 teaspoons baking powder instead of ¾ teaspoon baking soda and 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar*
6. EGGPLANT ROLLS
2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1–1½ cups marinara sauce
2 large eggs
3 cups spinach
1 package goat feta (4 ounces)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 cups pecorino romano, grated
1 cup raw sheep cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. While your oven is heating up, cut the ends off of the two eggplants and then slice lengthwise.
3. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 12–15 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
5. Reduce heat to 400 F.
6. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, goat cheese, spinach, oregano, parsley, basil, 1 cup pecorino romano, ½ cup raw sheep cheese, salt and pepper, mixing until well combined.
7. In a 9×13 baking dish, add ¾ cup marinara.
8. Place ¼ cup cheese mixture onto one end of the sliced eggplant, then roll it up and transfer to baking dish, continuing until baking dish is full.
9. Cover with remaining marinara and cheese.
10.Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
3 oz. turnip or celery root
7 oz. fresh green beans
2 tbsp olive oil
1 – 2 finely chopped garlic cloves(optional)
7 oz. baby gem lettuce or Romaine lettuce
2 oz. cherry tomatoes
½ red onion
1 can tuna in olive oil
2 oz. olives salt and pepper
½ tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp small capers
1 oz. anchovies
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp fresh parsley
½ lemon, the juice
1 minced garlic clove (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing using a mixer or an immersion blender until fully combined and creamy. Set aside.
2. Boil the eggs the way you like them, soft or hard boiled. Place them immediately in ice-cold water when they are done to make them easier to peel. Cut them into wedges.
3. Wash and peel the turnips. Cut them in half-inch pieces. Wash and trim the green beans and parboil both for 5 minutes in lightly salted water. Use separate pans. Rinse in cold water when done.
4. Place a skillet on medium high heat and fry the green beans in butter or olive oil. Add finely chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place lettuce on a serving plate or on individual plates. Add tomatoes, onion, drained tuna, eggs, beans, olives and turnip. Serve with dressing on the side.
Tip! You can prep the vegetables a day before serving, for an even faster assembly.
8.GOAT CHEESE OMLET
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus more for garnish
1/8th tsp salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 ounce crumbled goat cheese,
2 thin slices heirloom tomato
1 ounce sliced Nova Lox
a few sliced sliced red onion
1/2 tbsp capers, drained
a few parsley leaves
1. In a small bowl beat the eggs, chive, add salt and pepper.
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with oil and pour the eggs. Cook until they set, about 2 to 3 minutes then top with goat cheese, then transfer to a plate. Top with sliced tomato, lox, red onion, capers, parsley and chives.